EU want to hear your ideas for future Horizon 2020 calls!
Now that the 2016/17 Work Programmes are under way, the Expert Advisory Groups to the Programme Committees on Horizon 2020 Challenge calls will in meet early 2016 to begin to shape the thematic priorities for the next round of calls that will cover the period 2018-20. The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), and the British Academy, will be inputting suggestions to the Commission to inform these discussions with the Advisory Groups and would like to be informed by views from within the UK research community. In order to achieve these, we are inviting you to submit your ideas for these areas should be.
As the social sciences and humanities are to be embedded across all the Societal Challenges, we are inviting ideas covering all the thematic areas of these calls:
- Challenge 1: Health, demographic change and wellbeing;
- Challenge 2: Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy;
- Challenge 3: Secure, clean and efficient energy;
- Challenge 4: Smart, green and integrated transport;
- Challenge 5: Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials;
- Challenge 6: Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies;
- Challenge 7 :Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens.
In order to contribute your ideas and suggestions to this process, please complete the attached survey, and return to H2020ideas@esrc.ac.uk by no later than 6th January 2016.
For enquiries about the survey, please also email H2020ideas@esrc.ac.uk