Early and Mid-Career Research Schemes
As part of our ongoing investment in research we are launching two further schemes to support individual researchers at the early and mid-stage of their careers for 2014/15.
The deadline for both schemes is Midday 2nd July 2014.
Early Career Researcher Accelerator Fund 2014-15
For the purposes of the scheme Early Career Researchers are defined as:
- someone employed on an academic contract specifying their primary function as teaching and/or research (excluding hourly paid lecturers)
- where that employment was a first academic contract and was taken up on or after 1 August 2009
The award may be used to cover research and equipment costs, additional technical and research assistant support, teaching buy out, purchase of specimens, consumables and resources, for travel, subsistence, conference costs and any other justifiable expenses. There will be 5 awards of up to £10,000 for eligible academic staff to develop a programme of research.
Please email an electronic version of the completed application and Deans support email by Midday on Wednesday 2nd July 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have queries regarding the scheme please email email@example.com
Mid-Career Researcher Scheme 2014-15
To qualify as a mid-career researcher staff must have started their careers as an independent researcher before 1st August 2009 and hold an academic contract specifying the primary function as teaching and/or research.
The scheme will aim to support at least one of the following criteria:
- enhancing an individual’s research outputs
- provide the opportunity to apply for external funding streams to support research and knowledge transfer activity
- encouraging, developing and support mutually beneficial relationships with external partners
The funding allocation 8 awards will be £3,000 for the purposes of buying out teaching time or related development costs.
Please email an electronic version of the completed application and Deans support email by Midday on Wednesday 2nd July 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have queries regarding the scheme please email email@example.com